View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #25
Diana Frese
Dojo: Aikikai of S.W. Conn. (formerly)
United_States
Re: True Budo is a Work of Love, Even Down the Rabbit Hole

A very inspirational column, both from Janet's sharing of her love and understanding for her mother to us, and the many heartfelt comments from others. And then Cady's sharing of the news of her mother's passing and the responses to that sad news.

Cady, I am so sorry. I feel that I know you, from your posts on Japan and horticulture and other topics and from the kind PM's that you have sent from time to time, some of which mentioned you caring for your mother. Thank you for including the link to the obituary, her life is truly inspiring. Especially inspiring is Marc's comment on the Mourner's Kaddish. Cady's mom's legacy must have already started to influence many of us for the better, at least speaking for myself. It was Cady who gently gave me, and through me, my friend Ginny in Swampscott, the news of Frank's passing. I will mention to Ginny that Frank's widow is on the board of selectmen in Swampscott. She will be pleased to know that. She may even meet her some day.

And Marc's post reminded me that when I was living in New York I went to some concerts with friends to hear Rabbi Carlebach and we were invited to his late father's synagogue in New York (my husband while driving a limo saw that it is still there and his daughter now gives concerts around the world!)
Not Jewish myself, still I was impressed by the beauty of the songs and prayers. I can almost hear the words Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, which I am sure were borrowed by Christianity which repeats "Holy, holy, holy...."

Thank you Janet and Cady and all the others on this thread for sharing deep and holy feelings. I was in awe so I am adding my expressions of sympathy for Cady a bit belatedly.

All the best for the future and please keep in touch.

Sincerely, Daian