View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #307
Hellis
Dojo: Ellis Schools of Traditional Aikido
England
Re: Spiritual and i/p

Hi Graham

I was only interested as you had mentioned the connection with Mr Muspratt and Noro Sensei.
I do think there is a difference between being a student of a teacher and attending a lesson or two.

His stories of his numerous exploits revolved around two charachters, Noro and Tohei. Noro as his teacher and Tohei as his prefered explanations. Many other charachters were mentioned on the English side of things and many seemed to pass through our place. We didn't know who was who at the time and were not interested as students.

You may be familer with the Jack Poole controversy? I was contacted by phone by a senior dan grade of Mr Poole's, he asked me a few questions regarding the claims of Mr Poole. I invited to make the 30 min journey to my home and see my files - statements - photos - videos. I also offered him the full use of my printer. He came to see me, after seeing the evidence and a good chat, he said to me " Sensei Ellis, I totally believe you, I don't know if I can ever practice Aikido again - I have sat with Mr Poole and listened to many hours of wonderful stories of his life of Budo".

I felt for this really decent guy who had been betrayed by the teacher he trusted.

Henry Ellis
Co-author `Positive Aikido`
http://aikidoarticles.blogspot.com/