View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 10:25 PM   #22
R. Watson
Re: Aikido practicality

Wow it appears I've sparked quite the discussion. Ok well let me first start off by saying thanks to all of you people for participating in this thread. I've gotten a lot of good information from some good aikidoka. I'm glad you all took the time out of your day to help me with my predicament. I really appreciate it, the info I get from aikidoka, people who've had hands on experience with aikido, is great so thank you all. I apologize if I came off as ignorant because the fact of the matter is I am when it comes to aikido so sorry if I sparked a big fire fight I didn't mean to. Alright so I've taken all of your points and such into consideration and I've come to the conclusion that I'll go visit some dojos around my area and see if it's something I'd invest a lot if time into. To address Dan Richards concerns about my back I actually did boxing with my back problems and excelled at it. My fracture was caused due to overwork and poor stretching habits combined with extremely high levels of exercise it wasn't an acute fracture. My spinal condition is a slight merger of two of my lumbar vertebrae which is just uncomfortable. I've been wanting to get into a martial art and once I was told that stretching exercises like that of yoga would help it. So don't worry about me getting hurt my back is pretty stable but to prevent further injuries I'd need to become more flexible. Again thank you all for the help and I'm sure I'll be back here again for more assistance. If anyone has any input please do tell me thank you all again I'm very appreciative.
Thanks again,
R. Watson