View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
AllanF
China
Re: YouTube: Li Chugong teaching taiji usage

Quote:
Josh Phillipson wrote: View Post
Hi Allan,JW,
: ] . I found the clip unapproachable before; but I think your and JW's 2 comments insightful. I think I see a bit more. Not sure, wonder what you guys think. This may only be interesting to me; so...sorry if this is too pedantic.
Allan - after your comment of Yin In, Yang Out, I believe I can actually see a moment where uke is 'breathed in' and there is a small but perceptble jump where I think is the beginning of his loss of control over himself.
And w.r.t. JW's comments; I expected that this worked via a kind of all-around power explosion...but actually it is, as you said, a very precise, very aligned, very clean power release along a specific line of absorption/release. maybe i'm not explaining the difference between what I thought before and after; but it is a big difference in my mind. (I.e. Now I am a little less ignorant than before. only a little!) Thanks a lot.

Anyway; I appreciate the clip and your ideas. a lot. It is fascinating to me all the different ways to think about and discuss these things.

Josh
Josh,
Just a little more on yin ru, yang chu; yang ru yin chu...the principle can be applied to the point of contact (yin being the external flesh yang being the bone marrow) it is also a small circle from the point of contact to the dantian and opposite 'yao' (waist) and thirdly a large circle from opposite foot to the small circle at the dan tian and then over the opponent (It should be yin going down the chest and yang going up the back). Another principle at work here is "tun, tu" (or swallow and spit out), when he does it with one hand the swallow is very small and the yin ru yang chu principle is 3 tight small circles. Later he shows it more obviously with 2 hands.

best
Allan