Thread: Ueshiba's Aiki
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #615
DH
United_States
Re: Ueshiba's Aiki

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
However, how to communicate without insult or accusation is the missing art here on both sides on occasion. Too much 'he said' and blame and accusation going on. I see you have also been described as a car wreck. Learn to laugh at such things.

Maybe you know him better than me but I have had a few 'debates' with Hugh and accept we have differing views, no problem.

I believe you are making some points in response to things said by others. That's fine by me.
Overall you have the right to state your views without others ganging up and ridiculing but such is the nature of the beast at times so don't worry about it or be led off into complaint.
Remember, there are no real enemies but ourselves. They may be wrong in what they say or believe but how is that a problem to you?
I disagree that what they say is Ueshibas Aiki but they know that and even call me wacky (amongst other things) but but it's all just dust to me, it can make me choke and cough a bit though.
As you know Aikido is universal and even here on this forum. It's quite a game. I prefer a game where everyone wins. High hopes.

Regards.G.
Graham
You have never done what he does. You listen and process even when we disagree. There is no agenda. We both honestly approach the topic differently. Good grief we have argued heatedly- both thinking the other ignorant of a larger picture -with none of this crap going on.

Neither have you lumped the widely diverse people who train with Ushiro, Ikeda, Ark, Mike, Sam Chin, etc....and me.....as Harden followers.
Were we to take a poll they train with a number of internal guys.
It's functionally dishonest. I am only one of the many teachers these people train with. And oddly enough Ikeda now trains with a Daito ryu guy....surpriiiiise!!
This is a body of work that transcends a single teacher. Which make it almost unstoppable. It has many faces and methods all based on a common theme. Internal power and aiki

This guy came in on the attack and got personal. I dismissed it until we got deeper into it and I saw he was intentionally misquoting me in order to defame me and refused to offer cogent replies. He is arguing points that make no sense and defending teachers..WHO TRAIN THIS WAY ALSO.
Janet pegged it. Anyone telling me that Ikeda and I are heading in different directions doesn't know what they are talking about. I have a letter stating Ikeda wants to meet me. So, telling people I am against Ikeda and Saotome, who I have publicly stated are among the few who are training aiki (and took heat for saying it in open rooms with students of other Shihan) is a lie.
Putting words in my mouth that I am going to attack them should not be allowed without supporting it.
I would demand a retraction or a censuring of this person, but I won't get one. Nothing has changed. Like I said, ya might as well start attacking my family here as well.
It's open season.

Dan

Last edited by DH : 11-20-2011 at 06:36 PM.