View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
Michael Varin
Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: Is AIKI a regular occurance in professional fights?

Have you watched any of Anderson Silva's fights lately?

The Leben, Irvin, Griffin, and second Okami fights come to mind. And the Sonnen fight for other reasons.

It appears to me that the Spider is not really afraid of losing and is beginning to explore what is possible. He displays extremely sensitive perceptive abilities, and seems to hit very hard while remaining relaxed and fluid, amongst many other interesting qualities.

I think any martial artist regardless of their style would enjoy watching Anderson. You just don't see that level of mastery very often.

I have no idea about the nature of Anderson Silva's training, but my guess is that he has put more time, thought, and attention into martial arts and fighting than 99.9% of us on this forum. . . Of course, I could be totally mistaken.

Quote:
Gerardo Torres wrote:
Manifesting (Ueshiba's) aiki requires specific body/mind training. So unless you have done this specific training I'm going to say no, you cannot manifest it in a fight or anywhere.
Can you definitively say that you know what Ueshiba's aiki is/was? And that you know all the manners in which someone can develop such an ability?

If something is real, it can be found.

-Michael
"Through aiki we can feel the mind of the enemy who comes to attack and are thus able to respond immediately." - M. Mochizuki