View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
Chenstar058
Dojo: Aiki Kuren Dojo
Australia
Spiritial Aikido: the purpose

There are just somethings I'd like to share about Aikido i thought about. The first thing i thought about was that, I think Osensei did not create this to be a form of "self defense" although it is a part of Aikido.
But i think Aikido was created to be more of a type of mental training, a "martial art". Its not just self defense, but its is an art, its been crafted through the mind. This is where i wanted to get deeper at.

The main purpose of martial arts is to become stronger, mentally and pysically. It is Aikido that places a big emphasis on becoming warrior like, to become strong in the mind and body.

If we r weak, we will complain about all the things we cannot cope with, which brings us sadness and dissapointment. The ultimate goal of humans is to gain happiness, everything we do is to satisfy ourselves and to become more happy. Being a warrior through Aikido makes us stronger, to handle more problems, making us the sad or dissapointed. It isn't just self defense.

O'sensei also said that martial arts is based on love. We hurt people I know, but Aikido wasn't there to hurt people, but it was there for people to help improve other people, mentally and pyshically. Love is the true power of becoming strong.

Thats why, Aikido has become a martial that doesn't cause as much pain as striking martial arts. Our Aikido intention is to just stop them from doing anything else to hurt others. Other martial arts such as Karate and Taekwondo, hurt people too much. Why is it that we hurt people to stop people from hurting people?

Aikido was made to be more gentle, to give others a chance to realize that they should not hurt others anymore. This is the love that we must share, even to the bad people.

If we do not study the philosophy of Aikido, we r not doing Aikido, its only self defense.

If anybody has anything they want to share, i'd like to listen haha hope u all liked wat i wanted to share