View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
Bedard
United_States
Regarding James Smith

Hi all,

I have been off the forum for awhile due to work and generally did not post much when I was active. I started practicing Aikido in Dallas TX in 1990 as a member of the Fugakukai. Around 1992 I Joined the Jiyushinkai and have been a member in good standing ever since. I have been actively practicing in the only Jiyushinkai dojo in Dallas since 1996.

The reason I am posting this today is because we have recently found out that James Smith has been practicing with us in Dallas. "James" (I am not sure it would be appropriate for me to post his real name) did practice with us for around four months using his real name. The three instructors here did not know he was posting on the web until we received an email inquiring about him. On the mat "James" was very quiet only asking questions from time to time. Once we were aware of the situation we were able to identify who James Smith really was. We have talked with "James" and explained to him that his behavior was not appropriate and disrespectful to many people. "James" was a member of our dojo but not a member of Jiyushinkai. We asked "James" to write an apology and tell everyone who he really is but he has chosen not to. Due to his refusal to take responsibility for what he has done we have asked "James" to leave our dojo at this time. I would like to make it clear that "James" does not represent our dojo or Jiyushinkai in anyway.

Sincerely,

David Bedard