View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 11:56 PM   #6
Peter Goldsbury

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan
Re: Website for Seminars in Japan.

Quote:
Chris Farnham wrote: View Post
Perhaps I should clarify. What I am looking for is some resource that might list various seminars around the country held by(preferably) Aikikai Shihan. Hombu or not. I am aware that there are lots of classes daily at Hombu and I try to get there about once a month. Doshu recently taught about thirty minutes from where I am currently living and I knew nothing about it until after the fact. I would love to find some online resource so that I could stay informed about such events.
I'm afraid that there is no such resource. My experience is that Japan is much more 'territorial' than other countries with respect to aikido. The shibu-cho is king in his castle and does not take kindly to visitors. Since my dojo is independent, we can invite whom we like, but the shihans whom we do invite are well known to me and my instructor colleagues. Actually, since Hiroshima has 'problems', quite a few visiting shihans come here, but there is no central resource for announcing these visits. It is done by word of mouth and via individual dojo websites.

Best wishes,

PAG

P A Goldsbury