View Single Post
Old 03-23-2001, 05:20 AM   #7
TheProdigy
Dojo: Aikido Kokikai Delaware
When you truly come to an understanding of positive thinking and optimism the "outside" is already a very easy place to live within, through any hardship you may encounter. By stripping yourself of pride, hate, and such, while grasping onto humbleness, love, etc. everyday things become effortless on your mind. You don't need physical abuse to develop a strong mentality; you need strong teachings and an open mind. I personally find the 4 principles of kokikai aikido to be of great value in leading a happy and healthy lifestyle. Abuse without such teachings (from what I've seen... nothing factual) leads to closed minds, and limited personal development.

So, in building stronger people, I believe it is essential to not abuse them. What good is it to hurt your body so much and so often? I understand if you do it here n there to test your mentality and physical abilities in such a situation. But to do it regularly and perhaps even daily is a huge disrespect to your own body, and will bring bad health at an early age (prior to 50... arthritis, etc...).

Happiness is a goal we all strive for from the beginning. Along the way, many lose sight of it, or give up hope of finding it. Abusive anything can only slow (if not stop) your progress in achieving it. With a positive and happy mindset, you can overcome any obstacles, and truly become the best you can be.

-Jase

Jason Hobbs
"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life."