View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #28
Rosinante
Dojo: Aikido in Essen
Germany
Re: Escape from ikkyo ??

Hello altogether,

as a long time practioneer in germany (sorry for my poor language knowledge ;-)) I'm reading and surching a lot of those typical problems with some aikido waza - thanks to YT and other stuff in www it is nowadays a little bit easier ;-)

Two years ago, I found some stuff in YT from Mr. Ryuki Hajime, which I find very helpful - alltough aikido, he is very uncommon in his explanations (and also in his appearance), I think.
Here is an example of his" Ikkyo-version" (starting with explaining from sword (shinai) - the arm-movement beginns at 7:35).
What I found interesting ist, that he goes direct in the line of attac and the contact point is on uke's shomenuchi (and weight) on the way downward and not upward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBqN-QQ6tw&t=169s

In this form I find, an escape is very diffucult - does anybody eventually know Mr. Hajime and his aikido lineague ? There is a lot of stuff over a decade or more in his channel with some very unusual explanations of - I would say - standard aikido waza, but with no doubt not aikikai or iwama or any other standard I would know.

Best regards from germany
Rosinante