Thread: Aikido Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 04:52 PM   #41
Misogi-no-Gyo
Museum for O-Sensei

Quote:
Clark Bateman wrote:
Great stuff, Dan! You made a terrific point without yourself saying a word!
Hi Clark,

Really… and what point was that? Might it be that he doesn't have any thoughts on the point of the thread? Or is it that he would rather not let anyone know he is one among those who has a double-secret membership in the club that gives out a secret, stick on AJ tattoo, a paper megaphone and set of drab purple and beet red pom-poms to all of its members? Yeah, anything is possible, I guess.

I wanted to wait and see who would come out and cheer for Stanley and Aikido Journal, and wouldn't you know it, it turns out it is several "featured authors" from Aikido Journal. Fair enough. I expected that. However, your comments and support of Stan's efforts and AJ's success notwithstanding, I ask, "Is it the best that we can do?" I come up with a no, hence the point of the thread. If all you can do is say, "Yeah!" with or without a shake of the pom-poms, I say to you the following:
"Great!" "We got it." "It is duly noted."
and
We'll be sure to put a check in the column representing your vote that we can't do any better for the future of Aikido."

Cheerleaders and their cheering aside, is there anyone else that would like to discuss the positive aspect of establishing an O-Sensei Museum in an effort of creating a permanent, publicly available archive as a living legacy of the efforts of O-Sensei & his original deshi. If not, what the heck are all you non-thinking people going to do when gas hits $5.00 a gallon? What? What did he say? I know, I know, it will never go that high.... Sure, and it was never going to hit $2.00, $3.00 or $4.00, either, just like we can't do anything better for the future of the Aikido community. What?