View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #350
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: China as the Source of Japanese Martial Arts

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
David, if you want to debate the issue, move it to another thread. And don't start off with "the idea was brought up by Mike Sigman"... let's see the exact quote. And put on your padded underwear, because you're about to get spanked again.
Mike, I don't know what you're spanking but it's not me.

I don't know why that idea should be taken to another thread since you and others have already commented on it extensively on this thread--after hijacking it, as usual, from its true topic.

But here are the quotes to which I was refering:

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
Even the "demo's" of qi abilities are the same in Chinese and Japanese. Every demo Tohei and Ueshiba did has an obvious counterpart in China. You simply are missing the obvious, no matter what you think you know of Aikido. How do you explain Ueshiba's demo's being pretty much exactly the same as the Chinese coincidence in every case? Coincidence?...You seem to want to forget the almost complete dependence in Japanese lore and cosmology on the Chinese way of doing things.... including in the Kojiki. Not "equatable"????? This is crazy.
So that's exactly what I was refering to and I gave examples countering your claims. I don't see anything more than passingly similar in Ueshiba and Tohei's demos and Chinese-style exhibitions.

Now go spank yourself.

Cheers.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com