View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #230
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: My Spiritual Aikido.

Quote:
Greg Steckel wrote: View Post
In a convoluted way, I actually was able to follow your logic somewhat. Granted, there is also the spiritual domain, and I see a strong spirit in conjunction with a coordinated mind and body being superior to a weak spirit and coordinated mind and body, but the spirit alone will not provide for effective development of IS/IP - Actually, those of us following Dan's methods are very spiritual in our own ways; we have to be in order to have the wisdom to recognize the importance of this knowledge and to generate the committed motivation to obtain those skills

Greg
Greg:

By almost understanding him, you will be awarded an honorary degree in psychology ! I hate to break it to people, but the distinction between "mind" & "body" is an artificial construct created by us humans. Boy would I like to see a mind without a functional attachment to a body. I have seen bodies that I have questioned any link to a useful mind..... Now "spirituality" is simply another construct that has a purpose designed to create some order & understanding for us lowly humans. This construct cannot be separated from "mind" anymore than a mind can exist separate from a body.

Now that the facts of life have been explained, how long does will this nonsense continue?

Regards,

marc abrams