View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 04:39 AM   #20
ThomasSchmidt
Spain
Re: No Aikido dojo - what now?? :(

I only can agree, very good discussion. I have to apologize, I'm not regularly in internet so it took me a while to answer.

Well, meanwhile I spent 3 days in Boxing and other 3 in Judo. Tomorrow I'll start to have a look at Jiu-Jutsu (I still don't know the style). In short: Boxing was more like playing to my strength while I found Judo asking for things I'm bad in. Both are physically quite exhausting - well, it's simply receiving the bill for years of smoking and not practicing some sports. Nevertheless, with both I had much fun. If anybody is interested in what the training was like I'll write more about.

Still I'm waiting to get into Jiu-Jitsu but the major drawback I already can see: it's only teached on Tuesday and Thursday. So I'd lose out 3 or 4 days per month due to my irregular working schedule. The trainer of Judo is also the trainer of Jiu-Jitsu and recommends all to combinate Jiu-Jitsu and Judo to have a faster progress in Jiu-Jitsu. mmm, don't know. That sounds a bit like the "FEJYDA"-Mix Alejandro wrote about. Thursday I can tell more.