View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 03:03 PM   #88
nikyu62
Dojo: Aikido Club of American Samoa
American Samoa
Re: Ai-nuke

Quote:
Igor Vojnović wrote: View Post
Techniques, movements (tsugi ashi, okuri ashi, ayumi ashi, irimi etc), falls aka ukemi (front, back, sideways aka yoko ukemi or what most people call "high falls" etc.), various drills (uke nagashi, kuzushi etc.), drilling of attacks (shomen, yokomen, tsuki, uraken etc.), weapons work (with and without partners), kokyu ho exercises, stretching and recuperation (massages) exercises and anything else like counters, chained techniques etc.

Your basic physical exercise techniques that (almost) anybody can do.

So you can exhibit similar aiki properties like Sensei Goldberg in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipz4sSgVwqc&t=62s ?
I am not sure about what Goldberg Sensei is demonstrating here, but i see the uke is grabbing weakly at the outset and never attempts to maintain or regain stability at any point in the demonstration, which negates the claim of using aiki to affect uke's posture. Taking uke's posture at the initial contact and exploiting uke's attempt to regain posture should be a critical component of the way of aiki in my view. I do not see that in the video posted; despite Goldberg Sensei's claim that uke is not one of his regular ukes and is thereby not complicit in the demo, the video shows otherwise.