Thread: aikido is...
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #86
lbb
United_States
Re: aikido is...

Quote:
Cherie Cornmesser wrote: View Post
But, you see, it really does not matter to me whether or not you believe or agree with me. So I have no need to prove it. There are some things you just have to discover for yourself.
But, YOU see, this last line is the equivalent of saying that the emperor is wearing a suit of clothes that are "possessed the wonderful quality of being invisible to any man who was unfit for his office or unpardonably stupid."

Quote:
Cherie Cornmesser wrote: View Post
It does not bother me that you do not agree. Why does it bother you that I believe that aikido is everything and everything is aikido?
It doesn't bother me that you believe it -- really. When I provide a simple logical example for why aikido is not everything and everything is not aikido, and you choose not to address it, that also does not bother me. Given the many aiki-swindlers spouting pseudo-koans and selling invisible clothes, however, I consider it a community service to say, "But he hasn't got anything on!" I have no problem with your believing whatever you want to believe, but I do have a problem with the promotion of the unquestioning acceptance of beliefs that strain credulity and do not pass a simple logical test. Aikido's got too much of that as is.