View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #14
gdandscompserv

United_States
Re: Does aikido work against dogs?

Quote:
Rob Liberti wrote: View Post
I have to say that morning 2 I would have tried a different street myself.
lol. You must be from the city. Different street not an option. Only one way to get to work.

Quote:
I suppose you _could_ buy your own massive dog that could run along with you when you ride your bike...
Not a bad idea actually. Except what do I do with massive dog while at work.

Quote:
Or you could through sausage links in any of the dog owner's convertables if they have one...
Considered lacing hamburger with poison but decided that would be in-humane.

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote: View Post
I learned not to run in Romania a few months ago!
Not running is good except not "running" would mean I would not make it to work. Not an option. Did consider stopping and placing the bike between the beasts and I while spraying with ammonia but decided to ride on.

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
Rick, have you try to "mark" your route? don't forget to "mark" your bike as well.
I have layed a steam down in front of every house. Marking my bike? That's a thought.

Quote:
Eric LeCaptain wrote: View Post
OMG is that funny!!! thanks for the laugh.
but i guess maybe go with pepper spray (careful not to run into a parked car while "fumbling" with the can)....
Situation is definitely challenging my awareness skills. Like pepper spray but too expensive.

Morning 4. Armed myself with industrial sized spray bottle. Fit's nicely on the handlebars. While putting on my helmet and other riding gear, I felt like I was putting on my armor and readying my weapons for battle. Perhaps a tinge of what the real thing feels like. That pit bull was quite scary. Adreniline pumping, heart rate elevated, I approach first house where pit bull lives. Nothing. Not a dog in sight. In fact, no dogs in sight this morning. Hope stupid pet owners keep dogs in house forever. Feel a little bit disappointed that I didn't get to engage in battle, but think it's better that way. Begining to wonder why I study aikido if it can't protect me from this this current threat to my body. Perhaps I will invent a new martial art. Perhaps ammoniado or spraydo. Good opportunity to become soke. Maybe set up bicycle training course with mean dogs to train waza.