View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #18
lbb
United_States
Re: Confused... Uke Ready to Jump?

Quote:
Chris Knight wrote: View Post
Mary, i am quite aware of the reason that i haven't seen full blown aikido in our class and am under no illusion it can take years and years to progres, that wasn't the question.. my question was why are top level aikidoka's i.e. O Sensei Ukes on youtube with their own Uke not even shown to be receiving any kind of relevant attacks, which has been clearly answered by the people above who didnt seem to take offence to the question...
I didn't "take offense" either, but apparently you took offense to my response; hence your use of the "disgust" emoticon, which I don't think was called for. Others in this thread pointed out that you hadn't provided any specific referents to these "top level aikidoka's", and that it is hard to answer a "why do they do that" question when the "that" is a generalization. In response to that, you repeated that you "have just been wondering as you dont see many everyday attacks being demonstrated etc.." That would seem to have already been explained, no? Thus, I'm not sure why you essentially repeated the question; hence my response. It's nothing to be disgusted at, really.

(edit) Oh, and just to clarify, in case it wasn't obvious: in my last paragraph, I wasn't talking about you, but about the individual at my dojo who apparently decided he wasn't progressing enough after two classes, and who evidently was disappointed at the idea of continuing train as a means of gaining proficiency. To quote Monty Python, "Three shall be the number of the counting, and the number thou shalt count shall be three."

Last edited by lbb : 01-28-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: clarification