Thread: Aiki Jutsu?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #1
sting0109
Dojo: Kyu Shin Kan, Leicester
England
Aiki Jutsu?

Hello everybody,

I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself first.

I started practicing Aikido about a year and a half ago at Kyu Shin Kan Leicester Aikido, every Friday. I attended a few sessions and enjoyed the experience immensely. Unfortunately, I was having a few difficulties at the time and a nervous breakdown ensured I was effectively cut off from the world, including my Aikido practice, for a period of around 18 months.

Now I've recovered and wish to approach martial arts with increased vigour. Tommorrow, I'm heading down to the Dojo to sign on once again at Kyu Shin Kan and intend to attend Aikido dojos at least four times weekly. I've also been in contact with a Tai Chi Chuan practitioner as I've been advised that developing Chi/Ki is an excellent side study to complement practically any martial art.

However, still not having what I consider to be a full plate, I also wish to study Aiki Jutsu as I believe it would be interesting to compare the differences between Aikido and it's much older base form.

What I wanted to ask is: Does anybody know of any good Aiki Jutsu dojo's in the east midlands? I've had trouble locating one and also, I don't know if there are any good ones. The unfortunate truth in today's world is that there are a lot of dud schools in martial arts that really don't have any benefits to them at all.

Thank you all for your time.

CH.