View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004, 01:20 PM   #14
Neil Mick
Dojo: Aikido of Santa Cruz
Re: Moderating Politics

Quote:
John Hogan wrote:
I am kind of surprised that the original thread was closed, seeing that, to me, it didn't appear to be going toward any divisiveness.
Perhaps it was a bit premature, but if you followed the themes and past comments of the post-er, it becomes plain that he often posted to incite a recriminatory response (not to mention, some of his more colorful PM's, to yours truly).

Quote:
And yet the other thread that discussed anti-americanism, and had in itself anti-american and very insulting & un-aikido-like posts, still continues.....

Go figure.
Funny, I find the state of affairs in Mosul and Abu Ghraib to be very "un-Aikido-like" and insulting, but no matter.

Ignoring the fact that the "anti-American" thread (I hated that thread-name, but it fell to the position of being the "political discussion" thread by default, after the closing of the Iraqi thread) is pretty much done: I challenge you to

a. define what "anti-Americanism" is;
b. define what an "un-Aikido-like" post is;
c. show an insulting post, that did not attack the character of a post-er.

Really, John: I mean you no insult when I state this (tho you probably believe otherwise).

But it is unfortunate that too many ppl line up behind the phrase, "My country: Right or Wrong," and are unable to separate sincere criticism and analysis of the state of political affairs, with hatred for one's own country.

IMO, it does not bode well, for the fate of the world, in 2005 or beyond.