View Single Post
Old 02-08-2002, 03:44 AM   #82
unsound000
No offense Jim but someone reading your reply to Thalib could think that you implied that he was foolish and that he had little martial art ability. I don't think you meant that. I just think that you're passionate about doing aikido with intent and realism. No worries..I used to like to play devil's advocate but I found through rough experience that girlfriends hate it. i.e. Well, let's consider the possibility that you do look fat...<WACK>

Quote:
Originally posted by jimvance
Gosh, everyone must think I was foaming at the mouth when I posted those points. I like to play devil's advocate, and I am very passionate about aikido and my training. But I don't ever think I said you had to get mad or had to kill the other guy. You do have to control the conflict in order to resolve it, and like you said, if I cannot control my own emotions, how can I successfully resolve the conflict? It is very easy to talk philosophy and show a favorable face to the world. Training to resolve conflict within oneself (which is very real) and within the dojo is the only way to really internalize the "philosophy of peace and love". And to think I have done it yet is just plain foolish.

Jim Vance