View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
Gary David

United_States
Re: Three Levels of Aikido

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post

From this viewpoint therefore the aim is not to harm, not to resist, not to stop, not to outwit, not to defeat, not to succumb, not to give up, but to be and share and bring about harmony.

Just because it's hard, just because it seems almost impossible, doesn't mean you cannot achieve it for it is far removed from competiton and fighting and is in truth potentially the art of no fighting, the all powerful discipline of harmony.

This is my view. No doubt there will be many against and many who think I am just whatever......

However, it's a view I share with many and I thought I'd put in in a new worded concept for the record.

Have fun. Regards.G.
Graham
Admirable goals and possibly obtainable.....what do you do if you face the individual who is as skilled as you and has no intention of harmony, whose purpose is handling you......or the crazed individual who can't be harmonized? Some of the tools you would need in these situations might require that you resist, that you not give up, until the attacker is outwitted, defeated and stopped, succumbing to your efforts, and may suffer some harm in you saving yourself or those around you. There are those out there you will never be able to harmonize with, who are so far to the dark side they can never come back, folks I hope I never run in to knowing that they are out there...something to consider as you polish yourself........ Keep up your efforts to perfect yourself.
Gary