View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #46
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: Is aiki a clash of forces?

Quote:
Dave de Vos wrote: View Post
I just stumbled on this video by accident. I've never heard of this instructor and his english is not very good, but I think he does a good job explaining and demonstrating internal martial movement.
He also clearly shows differences between movement in "external" vs "internal" and correct vs incorrect movement from an internal point of view. I think his punch at 23:00 is a good internal type punch (from dantien):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvCgWjDhHH4

I could be mistaken, but to me it looks as if he knows what he's talking about. I think the whole video is worth viewing.
Hey Dave,
I just finished the video. Very good. I would use similar descriptions myself. I also believe that this guy is saying that modern athletics is not ignorant of these ways of using the body. Even though in some cases they might organize a bit differently (as per his description of "boxing"). Would you say that he is making similar comments? Would you say he is doing anything outside of the realms of modern athletics? Does this fellow have "IP" (general question to all)?

Great video, I enjoyed watching it!