Old 06-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #272
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Strength vs Ki.

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Hi Greg.
I call my last comment to you ma-ai which may indeed fit with ying and yang in one respect.

Here's another fundamental difference between what I teach and many other ways. You may or may not find this interesting.

In my way of Ki or spiritual Aikido there is a major 'principle' difference. The principle I refer to is non-disturbance.

This in turn means the aim of Aikido the way I do it is not to disturb the opponents centre or disrupt there centre or any of the other disruptions generally held to be the case.

Respectfully.G.
Hi Graham,

Just got back from my beer misogi in the hot tub - I conducted a little training session on IS and its application into a few basic Daito Ryu techniques today - nothing better than beer and hot tub to get the mind and body loosened up and connected into harmony

Quote:
You may or may not find this interesting.
Graham, I always find what you say interesting - however, most of the time I jam lust trying to figure out what you are saying

Quote:
In my way of Ki or spiritual Aikido there is a major 'principle' difference. The principle I refer to is non-disturbance.

This in turn means the aim of Aikido the way I do it is not to disturb the opponents centre or disrupt there centre or any of the other disruptions generally held to be the case.
OK, Graham, that all sounds nice, but it sounds more like a group hug than a martial art defense. If you do not take uke's center by disrupting his balance, just how do you gain control of an attack ?

Your Friend in Dis-harmony
Greg