Thread: Vantage points
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:47 AM   #120
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: Vantage points

Quote:
Carsten Möllering wrote: View Post
You missed my point. Which is in very shot terms, that it's useless to watch a video without having touched the teacher and maye got oral instruction.

My personal videos on youtube are clearly not instructional and they are clearly not showing aikidō on a level that could help others in any way.

Yes, I had assumed that, even without knowing your biographie. You just sound this way.
The more I found it "astounding" and "not very good mannered" to discuss fees in the way you did.

As for you compared "your group", I would have found nice to know about it. I then googled your name + aikido and that didn't lead me to "your group". So I let it go.

You compared yours to others.

Maybe I simply didn't understand you.
Maybe the language barrier is a problem so I got you wrong.
For sure I am oversensitiv.

I understood:
Comparing one's own fees to those of other teachers and pointing at them because they seem to be more expensive.
Demanding videos (on the internet) of a teacher instead of going and practice with him.[/QU
Dear All ,
Intended to reply to Carstens comments above.My fingers /computer got mixed up.Cheers, Joe.
Ps .Carsten check out British Birankai Web Page under Officials/Shihan. Have a nice day. Joe.

Last edited by akiy : 01-03-2013 at 09:16 AM.