View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 07:20 PM   #213
Jim Sorrentino
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Dojo: Aikido of Northern Virginia, Aikido Shobukan Dojo
Re: Are you invincible if you possess Aiki?

Quote:
Cady Goldfield wrote: View Post
One pays one's money and makes one's choices. Choosing misinformation, libel and petty gossip over firsthand experience is not something rational people endorse, but there ya go.
"Misinformation"? You haven't provided me (or those here, or in other forums) with any information that would lead me to accept your opinion over Dan's concerning either aiki/IP or your teacher's grasp of it.

"Libel"? I'm an attorney, licensed in Maryland. Has your current teacher successfully pursued his cause in court? If not, please describe it accurately: it's an opinion with which you disagree.

"Petty gossip"? Aside from the redundancy of that phrase, see the discussion immediately above, and review the meaning of "opinion".

"Not something rational people endorse"? Accepting the opinion of someone who knows more than you about this subject seems quite rational --- and it saves me the time and money that firsthand experience would cost.

Jim

I mistrust all systematizers and I avoid them. The will to a system is a lack of integrity. Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols