View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #34
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Smile Re: YouTube: Christian Tissier, 2014

Quote:
Carsten Möllering wrote: View Post
Dear Joe,

still I don't get your Point:
"If a raw beginner was subjected to the type of shiho nage shown by" Saito Morihiro sensei, shown in the video, I linked, "would the newbie be ok?"

To my experience for every technique there exist - mostly three - different ways to execute it appropriate to uke's skills. The question whether a newbie would be harmed or not is irrelevant. Because a newbie would not be thrown this way.

Plus:
The way to execute shiho nage shown in the video does not primarily work against the ellbow joint but into the longitudinal axis of the arm. Especially the version using the nearly stretched arm of uke.
Dear Carsten .
I equally donot get point.Saito Senseis Shiho Nage imo would throw a beginner possibly up in the air , but i do not think the beginner would risk elbow joint damage.I was addressing Tissier Senseis waza which i feel is unsafe .I asked the question would a beginner survive an elbow crusher.
Shiho nage works because uke elbow joint is pointing upwards and pressure is applied in a downward manner .This breaks ukes posture to the rear. Simple body mechanics .Havent got much time for longitudinal axis of arm stuff.Science /anatomy was never my strong point.Joe.