View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #53
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: Obama's Spending vs Obama's Spending Cuts

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
So Salon, a far-left magazine pieced together some reportage in a far-left anti-Bush fashion and that's what you're giving to me?
It's not near as sorry as what Bush has given you, yet you defend him. The article summarized AP's FOIA findings.

Quote:
Do you ever get embarrassed enough to wonder whether the side you're own is really the side of the higher moral ground, David?
Sure. But then I just look around and remember the past eight years and I realize that you can't get lower than Bush/Cheney/Rove/Gonzalez. You can't be a worse judge of character than someone who would vote for George Bush because "Character counts."

Quote:
So out of all that whole long story we have that Bush missed weekend drills (once a month, IIRC) in 5 months. But you said that Bush was absent from "much" of his National Guard service. In other words, your statement was wrong. Again.
He was absent from much of his service, he refused to take his flight physical and he was declared unfit for service. Those are facts.

Quote:
So again, I ask how it is that your facts, which include personal attacks on people, turn out to be consistently wrong when challenged. Who is the bad guy here? You or the people you're trying to destroy via their reputations?
How can I destroy George Bush's reputation?

Did he get Osama Bin Laden? No.

Did Haliburton rake in giant winfalls from the war in Iraq? Yes.

Did Iraq have the WMDs we went to neutralize? NO.

The best you can say about Bush is that he was a party hound, drunk until he was forty and a big user of illicit drugs. You can deny that until the cows come home, but it's true. And the sorry state of the nation today results from eight years of his rule-for-the-rich, including starting a war to enrich himself and Cheney and their wealthy friends at the cost of thousands of fathers of families. He has no reputation to destroy. He's too well known for all this to be denied. The sorry state of the nation today is because people elected a bad character while telling us "character counts."

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com