View Single Post
Old 03-07-2001, 10:10 AM   #16
giriasis
Dojo: Sand Drift Aikikai, Cocoa Florida
United_States
Cool another one of those less than 5 folks...

I have only trained at two aikido dojo. The first being the school I started training in and then I moved and had to find another school.

So at the moment I only train at one school. I train with Peter Bernath at Florida Aikikai. And like Mongo, I am very satisfied with the quality of training I receive at just one dojo. Peter is a 6th dan, his wife Penny is a 5th dan, we have few 3rd dan and a few 2nd dan, not to mention many shodan. We have many times available for us to train and at different locations as we have two branch schools. The main dojo is in Ft. Lauderdale and our branch schools are in Boca Raton and at Nova Southeastern University (West Ft. Lauderdale area). But this is all part of Florida Aikikai.

I have been with Peter for a year now and I love every minute of my traininig with him and the other black belts I train with. Attending seminars for me provides enough diversity that I need at such an early stage in my training as I'm still working on refining my basics. (I'm 5th kyu.)

I only pay $65/ month for the student rate. And about $50 for the occasional seminar. I really couldn't afford anything more, and I consider this a great deal considering the quality of training I'm receiving.

Anne Marie