Thread: kamae problem
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #38
NagaBaba

Re: kamae problem

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
Dear Szcepan,
All I can say if you think you can stand in a square posture at close range with an experienced kicker I think you a either1.very good indeed 2.The kickers are poor in relation to the mae geri.
I have seen /experienced guys who can apply kicks that are fast and powerful.Certainly I would not put myself in a position like you describe.Guys who know how to kick are in my mind hardly naive minds.Any kick /punch at close range is potentially dangerous.To think otherwise is foolish.Cheers, Joe.
Hello Joe,
Your are not reading carefully my posts. Additionally, first you were talking about gentle kick, now suddenly we can see fast escalation to "experienced kicker" at close range. I suppose in your next post you will talk about facing top MMA artists in formula K1 or UFC? hahahahahah

You simply don't understand what square kamae means and when is used for. I'm not your teacher, so I'll not lecture you how should you practice.

However, have you ever asked yourself why judo folks use such kamae and not million others from Koryu? Well, me, I ask myself such strange questions. What I did notice, that such kamae is very useful when I want to throw someone who is not cooperating with me. Then I continued to analyze why other postures are not allowing me to do it so easily. In conclusion, all these going down to a simple biomechanics of human body.

I need a proper alignment of my body to enter to the attack and I need completely other alignment of my body in the moment of throwing. As every kamae has his strong and weak points, I have to be able to switch kamae to replace, if necessary, weak point initial kamae by strong point other kamae, on the fly!

These are only high level pointers (we are searching here to define problem, responses for question WHAT?), I'll not enter here into details (that would be discussion on realization, so responses for question HOW).
cheers

Nagababa

ask for divine protection Ame no Murakumo Kuki Samuhara no Ryuo