Thread: Spiritual Power
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #7
Abasan
Dojo: Aiki Shoshinkan, Aiki Kenkyukai
Malaysia
Re: Spiritual Power

Yes but I believe he's talking about a stage in aiki development that goes beyond the internal body manipulation.

He attributes his power ultimately comes from the universe/kami. When a man who has unquestionably defeated some of the most powerful men attribute his victory comes from God and not due to his own skill/power, he basically has let go of his ego. And in that instance fighting no longer exists in his life.

Ultimately he is not saying I need power to defeat others. He is saying I need not defeat others when they are basically challenging Gods power. Granted he wouldn't have started down this conclusion without having his eyes opened to the world of aiki, but he has transcended that level and not just focused on it as an end to itself.

Regardless, all of us should travel through the exploration of this baser level of aiki. And if it comes from others, the instruction is no less useful. Only we must retain a goal to understand beyond that if we were to really follow the aikido way...

Draw strength from stillness. Learn to act without acting. And never underestimate a samurai cat.