View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #249
DonMagee
United_States
Re: Why do some people hate Aikido?

Quote:
Mark Stokmans wrote: View Post
Don, thanks for correcting me. Let's nuance that by saying that grappling skills which are a focus of BJJ training are indespensible in UFC fights and quite often if not most of the time, matches are decided on the floor.

What interests me however is that, from all the things I said in my posting, you would decide to react only to the BJJ part. Perhaps the rest does not interest you, you've heard it all before, it is such drivle you are deciding to spare me or perhaps you just agree with everything but the BJJ remark ;-).

I am curious as to why only that sparked enough interest to react upon.

@ Tony: thanks for the link. It made for an interesting read. There are parts I certainly agree with. The danger though in my opinion is that catering too much towards aikido must be effective will do as much damage as catering too much towards aikido must be all about harmony, love and peace. Once again I think the truth (if it exists) lies somewhere in between, a hard place to find it. Life (and aikido) would be easier if the turth were simpler. It would be a lot more boring too.
I just use search to find posts with UFC, bjj, or mma in then comment

In all seriousness, I really didn't have any other issues with your post. I'm just not much of a me too kind of guy.

- Don
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough" - Albert Einstein