View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #253
tarik

Dojo: Iwae Dojo
United_States
Re: ?? Exaggeration in Aikido ??

Quote:
Jean de Rochefort wrote:
My reason for not explicity explaining my rationale is that I'm not in the business of giving away the knowledge that I've worked long and hard for.
I've always found that an odd position to take although many people I know and respect take it. Anything I could possibly have in the way of knowledge is free for those interested in it, although, frankly, I don't know why anyone would be interested in anything *I* know, since I know such a small fraction right now.

However, the only productive way to interact here is to discuss and explain, and in my case, disagreements and discussions have led to many fruitful meetings and a a great deal of learning.

Quote:
Jean de Rochefort wrote:
What am I going to do? Explain a few secrets to convince you? What for? You, apparently, can't even get what I'm saying with techniques...If you can't grasp that, you definitely couldn't grasp the rest of it (grasp/believe whatever).
Certainly sometimes giving away knowledge is useless since the person you are giving it to is not in a position to comprehend it. Sometimes it's the explanation that is lacking instead.

It's all a matter of time and perspective.

Secrets? Honestly, most of the secrets in life and the martial arts are right up front and clear as day. It's understanding them and applying to discipline to assimilate them into your existence that is tough.

Regards,

Tarik

Tarik Ghbeish
Jiyūshin-ryū AikiBudō - Iwae Dojo

MASAKATSU AGATSU -- "The true victory of self-mastery."