View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 06:50 AM   #15
dalen7

Dojo: Karcag Aikido Club
Hungary
Re: rough start with Aikido lessons

Quote:
Dieter Haffner wrote: View Post
You are a guest in their dojo and country. Yet you want to get the best of everything and all at once.

I suggest you try to be a bit more humble and appreciate the fact that these people (from 6th kyu to 1st dan) even want to train with you. Because for each of those persons (from 6th kyu to 1st dan) training with you (someone that does not understand the language and is a beginner himself) it is: 'So this waste time and I have a lesson go by where I learn nothing'.

You talk about practising patience and relaxation, I dont read anything of this in your posts (in these thread and in others).

But even then you should not go and look for added training from a computer program or a video of some dan tests.

...not demand to get everything from others.

I am sorry if this is a bit harsh,
- only a bit harsh as you have not 'walked in my shoes grasshopper'

- not demanding anything, but observing how I 'learn better' regardless of language.

- added training helps...I now understand what was being showed and told to me in a language I dont understand...otherwise I would not have a clue about shomenuchi ikkyo (I believe my instructor actually would be pleased we are making progress.

- yes I talk of practicing patience...notice the word 'practicing.'
Again, Im 'conscious of the need and practicing the application.
One cannot judge, especially in a forum where someone is.
Language is confusing even if a dialouge happens between two intellectuals from Harvard. (Im an Eckhart Tolle fan...he could explain this point better.) But again...it goes back to walking a mile in the other persons shoes. We all have a full life behind us which has shaped our present...

- and again, I said I need to learn relaxation.
(therefore practice)

- as for humble...I believe I am humble.
Again, I am stating how as an individual I could learn better.

- as for guest in the country: well, I have had blogs about this topic.
Im totally anti-'patriotism'. Im a guest of the world as we all are. The world is mine as well as yours...erase borders.

...know that I treat those in the dojo with respect, and again, I have not the slightest impression they are feeling looked down upon.

You know...for me as an individual, it took a lot for me to have the confidence and nerve to study in a language I dont know.
To say I cant would have been easier.

Thanks for the comments

Peace

Dalen

- as for a waste please read again.
When I train with someone that truly does not know what they are doing...they are looking around and as confused as me...its not training. The only training is my patience and being their to 'support' someone else who has chosen to be with me. - If i didnt clarify the first time, I doubt this will. Communication is tricky. And Im not good at it despite the fact I have been in communications basically my whole life.

- actually its funny.
As mentioned, Im taking Aikido for its spiritual aspect.
And my comment and response reminded me that Im still 'acting' out as most people would.
Trying to defend myself 'identity' against attack.

Reality, as Eckhart Tolle pointed out from a Zen master would be a responce of:
Is that so?
Or "every person has the right to their thought and opinion - even about you - does it really matter? There is no-thing to protect"

So its good when one is able to wake up and start realizing this type of thing in their own actions...kind of like what I just did. So the whole post is really irrelevant. It should say "Is that so?" or nothing at all.

Last edited by dalen7 : 06-19-2007 at 07:04 AM.