View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 06:54 AM   #33
Lari Hammarberg
Dojo: Aikidoseura Asahi Lappeenranta Finland
Finland
Re: Hello, i'm a newbie here and i have questions.

I'll take it easy.

I've noticed, many really know what they are talking about. And it seems there's many with several decades of experecience. I'm honoured to be in company of such people.

Yea, the rolling, hurts like hell... I noticed it's my shoulders which seem to hit the floor/gound too much. I did some forward rolling yeaterday outside, there's snow, so i was easily able to do it from fully standing position. Few steps of running and then roll. (We have noce flat backyard and snow made it soft enough.) And it worked quite well. But my shoulders are little bit hurt now. I guess it's the "stiff as a board" start which is doing this. Well, practice, practice and some more practice.

I dont want to even try to back side rolls my self, i want sensei to show me in detail how it should be done.

About enthusiasm, well it depends on person how it goes. I usually DO what i start. I've been drumming/playing in bands now for 16 years, that's one thing i'm really serious with, i love it and had put some extensive work on my technique and feel. I would say that less than 30% of all drummers ever play on a published demo, 5% from those play on actual full lenght album... And me & band are just starting to make our 3rd CD.

I've been interested in Aikido for some time and now it's time to actually start doing stuff and practicing. I'm very serious about this. It might not show behing my burning enthusiasm though.