View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #139
Dazzler
Dojo: Bristol North Aikido Dojo
England
Re: VoE: AWASE - The Principle of AIKI

Quote:
David Soroko wrote: View Post
If you haven't read "Is O-Sensei Really the Father of Modern Aikido?" already, give it a shot. It is much more reasonable then "someone who hasn't trained with someone else thinks of them or cares to classify them as."
Here is the link again: http://blog.aikidojournal.com/2011/1...tanley-pranin/
Yes - I've read it.

I'm not being unreasonable though - I'm not here to debate - I never was - I'm just stating that my view is coloured by hands on experience with Pierre, with Dan and with many other senior Aikido players having chipped in because the question posed to Mark essentially referred to someone in my current position.

While I'm here - I think its a good article - but I don't think its a one size fits all. Not all aikido students take their references from a single strand, my opinion is that the Aikido of some post war students has been augmented by research above and beyond that of their instructors ...leading them back towards the source. But thats just my opinion.

I leave classification to the debaters here and return to sitting in the viewing gallery - my posts were to give a view from someone that fits the category in your question to Mark, other than that I really have no dog in this fight and am only interested in training that takes me in the direction I believe is correct.

Right now this runs in the same course as the lessons I gratefully receive from Dan.

Cheers

D

Last edited by Dazzler : 10-19-2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: you / your spelling