View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #337
Rob Watson
United_States
Re: Internal Power Development Methods

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
It might be worth your time to read "Energy Medicine" by James L. Oschman. As Cheuk Fong mentions, there is a "field effect", meaning something in the electromagnetic spectrum, not specifically a magnetic field. I agree; there's something like that. Oschman's book gives notes and references on measurements, experiments, etc., about these effects as they have been studied in the West for, what, around a 100 years. He also discusses the relationship of these effects to the fascial tissues of the body.

Traditionally, as someone's "qi" skills (in the I.S. area) increase, the related fascia tissues increase in development, etc., so it would be reasonable to expect some growth of the "magnetic feeling" effect, and in fact many traditional teachers all for that in evaluating someone's progress. Is it something other than a noticeable phenomenon? I personally don't think you can meditate on it and become one of the X-Men and most CMA experts I know don't treat it as more than an odd phenomenon, either. But there's something there that is interesting to observe (without dwelling on it).

FWIW

Mike Sigman
Quote:
"Knowledge of the fascia" wasn't brought up by me as a point. "Fascia" was mentioned as a comment/statement. If you want to pursue the topic in depth, I encourage you to do so.

Regards,

Mike Sigman
I was responding to the first post quoted. In particular

Quote:
Traditionally, as someone's "qi" skills (in the I.S. area) increase, the related fascia tissues increase in development, etc., so it would be reasonable to expect some growth of the "magnetic feeling" effect, and in fact many traditional teachers all for that in evaluating someone's progress. Is it something other than a noticeable phenomenon? I personally don't think you can meditate on it and become one of the X-Men and most CMA experts I know don't treat it as more than an odd phenomenon, either. But there's something there that is interesting to observe (without dwelling on it).

FWIW

Mike Sigman
I was interested in nailing down the "qi skills increase" to "fascia tissue increase" link. If there is a demonstrable link then it stands that an apparatus that specifically stimulates the tissues may lead to more rapid effects than traditional methods alone (this may be a bad thing).

As a not too removed example if one cannot perform a chin up then knowing exactly which muscles are involved in the chin up one can perform isolation or targeted weight training to build up those muscles until a chin up can be done. Then it is likely a combination of continued isolation training as well as chin ups will result in further progress. Certainly there are other ways to get at performing chin ups ...

I recall the 'biography' of Bruce Lee in which he uses electrified contraptions to take his training to the next level. Something along those lines is where I'm headed (as soon as the life insurance gets settled).

"In my opinion, the time of spreading aikido to the world is finished; now we have to focus on quality." Yamada Yoshimitsu

Ultracrepidarianism ... don't.