View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 09:44 AM   #11
diesel
Dojo: Tenshin
Japan
Quote:
Shaun Ravens (Misogi-no-Gyo) wrote:
Mr. Tromp,

I do not know you, as you have chosen to leave most of the details of your aikido lineage absent from your post and profile. As for me, I am one of Matsuoka Sensei's senior students. I ask that you respect Matsuoka Sensei's wishes to remain absent from any conversations relating to things that do not concern his present aikido focus. In case you do not know what that may be, I will share with you that which he has shared with me - to seek O-Sensei's spirit through aikido. His mentor on this path is Seiseki Abe Sensei, 10th Dan. The center of our daily training is Kokyu, and in my opinion elements of O-Sensei's misogi practice lie at the heart of that matter.

On a more personal note - regardless of how "en vogue" it may be amongst those not so in-the-know - there was never a "Ten Shin" aikido, as you have mistakenly stated. There was only what we practiced at Aikido Tenshin Dojo - where Aikido came first, and Tenshin was the place those of us dedicated to seeking O-Sensei's spirit met, trained and grew as human beings - with Matsuoka Sensei as our mentor. That dojo is closed. That subject is also closed.

Given the high road Matsuoka Sensei has chosen, please refrain from dragging yourself, my teacher, and the art we practice to such a low level. Focus on training - nothing more.
So there is no such style as Tenshin Bugei Gakuen Aikido? (Tenshin for short..) That Take Sensei brought with him to the US and Matsuoka Sensei studied directly under him for years in Taos until family obligations required him to go back to japan?

Or are you just trying to say that he shouldnt worry about the lineage of his sensei and that he should take the word of his sensei as gold? It seems to me Ronny is just trying to get a history of Tenshin Aikido.. even though you say there is no such thing? Just a tenshin dojo? Is there such a thing as yoshinkan aikido? Or just a yoshinkan dojo.. if you mean it that way, I understand what your saying.

Cheers,

Eric