View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
Jorge Garcia
Dojo: Shudokan School of Aikido
Re: Houston Area Aikido

Quote:
Andrew Westerman wrote: View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I have been given the opportunity to spend a couple weeks in the Houston area. I would love to visit at least one dojo while I am down there. I currently study in a school that came from the Fugakukai Lineage and while I could (and likely will try) to attend a class or two in the same lineage I would really love to attend a class or two in some other lineages to get a taste for what other schools have to offer and to also gain some fellowship with aikidoka outside of my discipline.

I would be ever so grateful if maybe a few of you could point me in the right direction. I'd like to call and talk with the school and make sure it's alright to come and participate as well as allow them to get a feel for who I am as well.

I will be staying near the Northwest Corner of the Outer Loop if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Andrew,
We have two hours of class tonight from 6 to 9pm. Saturdays, the adults train from 11am to 1pm and then we go to lunch somewhere in the area. If you are still here on the 16th, my teacher from Japan will be here in Houston for a week. He actually arrives on the 12th but we are going to another city in Texas for 4 days before returning to Houston. Come on over as our guest!
best,
Jorge

"It is the philosophy that gives meaning to the method of training."