View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 06:02 AM   #12
AikidokaCupu
Dojo: Enryukai Bandung
Indonesia
Blush! Re: 9 forms of kokyu sore

Quote:
Raul Rodrigo wrote: View Post
In a 2004 lecture, Hiroshi Tada 9th dan, Kubota's teacher listed the forms of kokyu soren (not sore) thus:

A. Kokyu soren

1. Kokyu in the morning
2. Kokyu that activates the nerve system throughout the body
3. Kokyu that vibrates life and raises the level of life power
4. Kokyu that stimulate the costal and respiratory muscles and increase breath power
5. Kokyu that increases breath power while expanding the chest
6. Kokyu that promote blood circulation
7. Kokyu for purification
8. Kiai, or a shout delivered with strong Ki for the purpose of focusing all of one's energy
thank you for correcting me.. i think it was kokyu soren that i looking for..
i googling it and found some interesting artikel about it by Hiroshi Shihan

Quote:
SELF, MIND, BODY

The most important thing in practicing the Japanese traditional training method is to clearly understand the relationship of self, mind and body. Without understanding, the act of practice itself will not work out. In oriental philosophy, the "mind and body are equipments necessary to lead to the stage of upaya to enable the life of Crue self to survive the world of phenomena" and they must be skillfully controlled to promote complete exertion of their capability. Regarding the relationship between the mind and body, the founder of Aikido, Ueshiba Morihei Sensei had explained to us to "understand the mind as a person under training and body as the dojo." When explaining to the general public, I would tell them to train themselves while considering the mind as a musician and body as an instrument. It is important for us to improve our skill as a musician while also working out our body (instrument) into a more accurate and sophisticated instrument. The level of our keenness will probably improve infinitely according to the needs of time. It is well known Chat today's latest science and technology is supported by the manual labor of the skilled labors. For example, at a famous precision optical factory which one of my student (K of Aikido Kirenkai, Tokyo University) visited for his practical training, when manufacturing a new precision lens, the vert' first one is madeby the hand of the skilled lens grinder based on the new blueprint. Ile told me how impressed ho, was to watch them complote their micro-level job only with therr bands. The equipment that the skilled labors are using is the saure equipment chat, was used a hundred years ago. The standard error of the lens described in the instruction manual provided by the company is only 0.05 micron. Kan no Kenkyu written by Ryo Kuroda. published from Iwanami Shoten, used to be an essential book for those practicing budo. The sequel to this book includes a section writing about the character, , pronounced "ki." The meaning of the character j i leads to the meaning of the character ` , which is also pronounced "ki." expresses the situation of a hall which is trying to bounce off from the floor at the moment it reaches the floor. F'' expresses the moment of the arrow leaving the bow. Each character expresses extremely subtle motion taking place instantly. To capture these moments, we must be prepared to respond to them. For example, the following report on microscopie writing research shows the capability of human being acquiring a mind and body that can respond to subtle movements by experiencing specific job and training. The result of the experiment, conducted by the Department of Science. University of Kyoto, was announced in "Seirigaku Kenkyu," vol. 10 in 1935 by Sosen Miyake. In the experiment, at first, Miyake wrote 1,000 kanji characters inside the square centimeter frame using Japanese ink and brush within 2 or 3 hours. Then, lie wrote oui, 100 poems of Hyakunin Isshu, an anthology of 100 poems by 100 différent poets, and drew the portrait of each poet in color within a square, 15 mm a side. As a result, lie was able to complete his tasks in 5 hours. In the report, Miyake says that lie makes the tip of the brush naturally write out the characters by gazing at the tip of the brush, holding it still and drawing an image of character between the paper and the eyes. Although there are différences between individuals, the report shows us that the more we train ourselves, the more we become capable of exhibiting amazing ability. "Synchronization of Mind, Technique and Body," an Ideal Situation for Human Being Aikido is a budo that was developed and studied in the Showa era. Originally, Aïkido was a practical martial art for effectively beating opponents in the battlefield. However, today, Aikido overcomes the killing, destruction, confrontation and competition that it had experienced in the frontlines of the big wars. Aikido is "a budo for the modern period" having the objective to make a positive contribution (progress and improvement of the universe) through mutual training of ki, mind and body based on the Japanese traditional concept, "Banyusoai" (the love completes the whole univers(,), and t.he spirit of Yamato (the country name of ancient, Japan which means to have harmony among all people). Today, many people from many countries are in sync with the spirit of Aiki.

* Practice : Basic posture.
* Controlling by breathing exercise.
* Kokyu soren.
* Kokyu in the morning.
* Kokyu that activates the verve system throughout the body.
* Kokyu that vibrates life and raises the level of life power.
* Kokyu that stimulate the costal and respiratory muscles and increase breath power.
* Kokyu that increases breath power while expanding the chest 6. Kokyu that promote blood circulation.
* Kokyu for purification.
* Kiai, or a shout delivered with sarong Ki for the purpose of focusing all of one's energy.
* Breathing exercise in 6 sounds (a, i, u, e, o, un).
* Having a free and pure mind

Voiced Voiced - Unvoiced Unvoiced C. Breathing exercise for training "tanden" (the focal point of the body's energy) Upper tanden Middle tanded Lower tanden. D. Breathing exercise that spreads "Ki" throughout the body. E. Breathing in unison

By Hiroshi Tada, 9th dan
and referring to this article probably i'll start finding out bout kokyu soren in ki society literature

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
9 sores:
1. sore head
2. sore neck
3. sore arms
4. sore wrists
5. sore shoulders
6. sore body
7. sore butt
8. sore knees
9. sore ankles

9 form of breathing:
1. "oh god i am going to die!" breathing
2. "i am still air borne and the edge of the mat disappears!" breathing
3. "double nikkyo!" breathing
4. "kata garuma" breathing
5. "My name is Enigo Montoya. you killed my father. Prepare to die!" breathing
6. "Stop saying that!" breathing
7. "me no understand japanglish!" breathing
8. "say, your hakama is untied!" misdirection breathing
9. "i am too sexy for my gi. too sexy that it hurts!" breathing

* i know i have issues which i am in therapy involving a big ugly stick with a nail in it *
on this one.. LOL thanks phi.. thank you for the appetizer..