View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #195
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: Is It Missing In Everybody's Aikido?

Quote:
Rob Liberti wrote: View Post
Erick, "What is typically believed?" is fairly well represented by David.

I'm not sure how to say this politely. ... And let's say that maybe that sandan could not resist ANYTHING Dan wanted to do. Would David still hold on so tightly to his beliefs? I actually kind of think he might.
Fair and diplomatic answer. Would your hypothetical sandan say the same of (from personal experience) a certain shihan, say, near to the USAF Academy? Or of a certain rokudan in the southerly portion of this state, near a certain famous mouse? That would be interesting to know -- or if not, to know that also.

Now, more to the point, what is "it" that is different? If I may suggest try to be concrete, and as far as I am concerned, direct physical analogy is as good as mechanical lingo. If I may suggest, go at it positively, if you have a model of action in mind, or negatively, if there are models of action you know you can dispose of, and say why. To be clear, I am really just trying to help think through the variety of perspectives, very carefully, without engaging any personality issue at all.. That is not what it is about.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.