View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:37 AM   #21
Eugene Leslie

Canada
Re: Limerick challenge!

In the spirit of the 2010 Winter Olympics; and being a Canadian born in the province of British Columbia in which they will be held; I hereby appoint myself judge and judicator of aforesaid Limerick Challenge!
Heretofore, therefore, furthermore...and any other lawyer-like terms I may have missed.

The Bronze medal goes to......(drumroll)....

The United States! ....and Karolina Owczarzak!!!

Quote:
Karolina Owczarzak wrote: View Post
There was a sensei in Northwest D.C.
With an exceptional command of ki;
When he was away
His spirit would stay
And scold students invisibly.
Exceptional rhyming tempo while keeping the spirit of aikido in the forefront... (spaztic clapping with Cheshire Cat grin....!!).

And the Silver medal is awarded to.......(Anne of Green Gables two fisted apprehensive chin tuck).......

The United States!! for Cherie Cornmesser's stirring piece!

Quote:
Cherie Cornmesser wrote: View Post
But then maybe you haven't met Tara
who has quite a knowledge of hara.
with a shomenuchi cut
she'll put you on your but
and she won't even smear her mascara.
"A great piece, Dr. Seuss! Superb rhyming and female Aikidoka imagery!
"Yes I agree, Shakespeare. She may have had a chance for gold but unfortunately was deducted two points for beginning with a conjunction and misspelling "butt". A marvellous showing nonetheless!
Congratulations!!

The Gold medal in this years Limerick Olympic Challenge belongs to..........(expectant, breath holding hush..........)

The U.S of A! and Linda Eskin!!!

(the band begins playing) America....America......

Quote:
Linda Eskin wrote: View Post
There was a yudansha named Karen
Whose waza was flashy and darin'.
Her hakama flew
as her uke she slew.
And all of the white belts were starin'.
(A teary acceptance......a wave to the crowd...)................

"The U.S.A. has swept the Limerick Challenge! The U.S.A. has swept the Limerick Challenge!"

"Oh my! What a championship!"

"Linda Eskin's masterpiece captures the essence of the feel of a Dojo, whilst using traditional terminology. Her use of moderate slang, perfect rhyme and personal narrarative is deserving of the highest award of Limerickismiasticks!"

"So closes another challenge...will the U.S.A. continue to dominate the lyrical arena? Where are the other representatives of their respective countries? I dunno Bob; but The Swedes and Czechs have glib tongues and the Japanese continue to dominate the Haiku arena."
"Until next time ..keep your bokken close and your keyboard closer."

Self-discipline is the chief element of self-esteem; and self-esteem the chief element of courage. Thucydides