View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 12:15 PM   #37
Budd

Dojo: Taikyoku Budo & Kiko - NY, PA, MD
United_States
Quote:
Joseph Connolly (Cyrijl) wrote:
1-The reason why aikido gets very little repsect these days is precisely because of all of your self-agrandizing posts

2-

Well then that happens let me know

3-I don't usually read sherdog because of the juvenille posts, but i have had the same experience with aikidoka. If it were not illegal i honestly probably would have hit one or two.

4-By taking the so-called 'high road' many of you are acting just as those you would criticize.

5-Someone asked why there are no posts like that here. Well because the admins silence people like that kind of quick. That is not pro or anti admin, but it what seems to happen.
I didn't realize that we were all being self-aggrandizing. I thought the general theme seemed to be, "oh well, let them think what they'd like".

You sort of dance around a valid point -- namely that there are people that exhibit bad behavior regardless of style, age, rank, etc. But lumping all of us that have participated in this thread into that category seems a bit overly judgemental.

I'm somewhat new to the boards and don't have time to extensively read the archives, so I'm not sure if you're coming from the standpoint of 'I don't like aikido', which I don't agree with (but fully respect your right to feel that way), or 'Some aikido people tick me off', with which I can relate.

Taikyoku Mind & Body
http://taikyokumindandbody.com