Thread: Gun Crimes
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Gun Crimes

Quote:
Mark Freeman wrote: View Post
Interesting article, but I'm not sure how much I can agree with a man who cites a fictional character's experiences ( Dr Watson ) as one that should be taken wholely seriously.
It's known as a rhetorical point; not meant to be taken literally.
Quote:
My guess is that the vast majority of people in the UK do not want to posess a firearm of any sort, and we'd rather nobody else had one either.
Similarly and in actual fact, the vast majority of people in the UK wanted to unilaterally disarm in the face of Hitler's rising threats.
Quote:
I'd rather we worked on social cohesion,
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ide..._of_diversity/
Quote:
eliminating the criminality associated with drug distribution ( taken into the hands of govt - taxed heavily as alchohol tobacco ), education, and very severe sentencing for unlawful posession. I think the majority of gun crimes in this country are due to drug related 'turf wars', and people getting caught in the crossfire.
Actually, the problem is that the old views of ethics, respect, and responsibility have been liberally triviallized. You now have some pretty bad people in your country who didn't wind up being grateful for your patronage.
Quote:
I just can't get my head around the concept that flooding the world with deadly weaponry makes it a safer place. But then I live in rural Devon where the only thing that gets shot is the occasional rabbit
I often think that in the olden days, maybe they were smarter due to experience than we are today with our theorizing..... we didn't think everyone would be our pals just because we handed over our country back then.

Best.

Mike