View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #26
Travers Hughes
Dojo: Aikikai
Australia
Smile Re: The History of Aikido in Australia?

Quote:
Patrick O'Regan wrote: View Post
Hi all,

This is a fascinating conversation. I am a member of a dojo that has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread (Brisbane Aikikai). I write this as an individual, not as a representative of the dojo.

We chose to split away from Australian Aikikai and were an independent dojo for some time. We are now affiliated to Hombu through Aikido Shinryukan which has its head quarters in New Zealand. We are honoured that they accepted us. Hombu recognised gradings have taken place in our dojo recommended through our organisation.

Hi Travers, I remember training with you. Our split from Australian Aikikai may have "created issues" however it was as a result of significant issues that led to the split. Some have been referenced above but there was more to it. Our choice had nothing to do with anyone in Queensland and we were consultative and respectful in our decision. It was not a decision taken lightly. Yet one that we are very pleased with. I would be happy to discuss this with you further and you would be welcome to train with us any time. As Robin mentioned above, insurance won't be major issue.

I hope to see some of you on the mat soon!

Paddy
Hiya Paddy, how are things? Yeah, I enjoyed training with you and hope to see you again too! Regardless of whatever politics etc are involved, I've found that pretty near everyoine I've met in Aikido are nice people. That's the most important thing to me...
Cheers and say hi to the guys for me!