View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #39
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: Vantage points

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
I ask people to show where the founder said something when the are saying that what they are doing is linked to what he said and did in some way - to show how that linkage works.
So when we are talking about Aikido- this includes everything, because the founder created it, and you don't seem to be interested in anything that didn't come from him. So if someone talks about Aikido, and you disagree with what they are saying, you say it's not valid, because it didnt' come from the founder, and he invented Aikido. This is a constant modus operandi of yours.

Quote:
I'm not asking them to provide a qualifying technical lineage in order to express an opinion, those are two very different things.
It depends on what you mean by "technical lineage". If you mean Aikido waza, then I agree with you. But every time someone wants to express an opinion that you disagree with, and they haven't met Dan, or who ever else from that "lineage", you say that their opinion is not valid.

Quote:
If by "often make comments about how your ability to understand the founders words are better then others" you mean that when I say that some things are difficult to understand in translation, or out of the correct context, then yes, that's true. Are you really saying that isn't the case?
I'm saying that you only agree with your translations, or those who are like minded.

Quote:
I haven't really seen much of a presentation of definitions of Aiki from conventional Aikido groups - certainly not of the quantity and detail that's been put out by others.
Who are the "others", which of them have definitions that you don't agree with, but find compelling? The majority of definitions of Aiki come from conventional Aikido groups. Are you saying that only your definitions, and those of your faction are valid?

Quote:
Last time you provided two quotes,
We're mixing threads here. However you asked me to provide quotes showing where the way I was defining Aiki was related to the founder.

Quote:
the time before that you said that you weren't really interested in linking your definition of Aiki to Ueshiba (or something to that effect).
I just want to talk about Aikido, right now. Historical information is useful, and I've spent lot's of my time recently working with it. However I would like to talk about the Aikido world today, but your faction likes to say that todays Aikido isn't valid, because they are not in accord with the founder. I don't believe that is true, but unless pressed, I'm not interested in talking about that. I made my comment here, to hopefully bypass this corner, that it seems we must turn down on every thread here on Aikiweb.