View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #51
Adam Huss

United_States
Re: Combat and war affecting the early training training of Aikido

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote: View Post
Awesome. If u get to Stuttgart let me know. One of my training partners/students is going to command Marine Corps Special Operqtions School at Lejuene next summer, so I am looking forward to working with the MARSOF guys there.

I have done CQB and that is my background so I concentrate my H2H training more to deal with managing that environment...sort of like the house of pain, but more tactical. MACP transitioned a couple of years ago to TTPs, and detention/control techniques. I am not a huge fan of doing that at that point in training, but that's the way it goes in the institutional environment. That's another story.

Give me a shout if you are ever this way.
Will do, I would love to get back to Germany. This year I came from 130 deg F in AFG and landed on a cool, misty mid-morning in Frankfurt which was one of the best sensations in my life. I would to get back and spend more than a handful of hours in Germany.

One of my jobs is training MARSOC teams in their pre-deployment workup at Irwin...so maybe I'll run into your friend one day.

Ichi Go, Ichi Ei!