View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #44
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Strength vs Ki.

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Greg. This isn't a competition. I am merely answering a question.

As I said I am not interested in plays on words either. Usages. Yes that's yet another aspect of Ki developement. But for me saying there is only one Ki is like saying there is only one type of wood, there is only one type of water, there is only one type of light.

From one angle it is true yet on further inspection there are many differences.

That's all. G.
I don't have a clue where you got the idea that my post was intended to enter in a competition. I was simply stating my view on Ki.

You have stated that your Aikido follows Tohei's model. I too have studied Tohei's model under Koretoshi Maruyama when he was Tohei's first chief instructor of the Ki Society back in the middle 70s so I can relate to your perspectives somewhat. I am also a student of Dan's so I know where he is coming form on ki as well.

As a student of Tohei's model, you should know that ki is in all things and that it is what makes the universe animated. There is only one ki with many different uses dependent on how it is controlled internally and external by the body - yes, I said external to the body. Ki can be projected from the body and used to extend your awareness - not in a ki fireball type of way, but in a very subtle way. Until one realizes and learns how to do this, you will never get your skill to a higher level.

Greg