Old 11-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #88
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States
Re: Ueshiba's Golden Lights

Quote:
Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
What Ueshiba did from 1925 onwards?
Roughly speaking, yes. By itself, no matter how profound the sensation, I suspect it's somewhat meaningless. I'm not sure exactly how it affected his behavior from then on, but per the wikipedia description at least, it seems to point to the idea that a central concept in Ueshiba Aikido is cultivation built around loving protection. Exactly what that means is open to interpretation of course...and I suspect cannot be pinned down to a discrete meaning, but:
Quote:
Budo is not the felling of an opponent by force; nor is it a tool to lead the world to destruction with arms. True Budo is to accept the spirit of the universe, keep the peace of the world, correctly produce, protect and cultivate all beings in nature.
That's a lot of ground for True Budo to cover, but if we look at budo as a potency-based process of personal development and mindful integration with the world around us, then it seems to make a lot of sense.
First "build up" yourself so you can build up your household, neighborhood, nation, and the world. I don't suppose it's a strict hierarchy where one can never work on helping the world "improve" until they've improved themselves, but as a general rule of thumb I agree with the idea. I'm simply not in much of a position to help others until I've worked on myself to some useful degree.

Last edited by mathewjgano : 11-27-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Gambarimashyo!